This is a quick and super yummy recipe for beef burgers with added protein and fibre. Great for a summer afternoon feast and you can serve with your favourite toppings. You can also enjoy these ultimate protein beef burgers straight away or make and freeze them for sunny days when you want to fire up the barbecue.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 100 ml water
- 2 eggs
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl, then sprinkle over the paprika powder, garlic powder. Add eggs, the soya protein along with potato fibre. Mix well with your hands or use a fork.
- Then add salt and pepper and water, mix well again. Divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces, then shape with your hands into round burgers about the width of the buns, or pack the mixture into large presentation rings (if you have them) placed on a chopping board. You need to press down on the meat to compact it, then carefully lift off the rings – a bit like making sandcastles.
- Add butter and oil in a pan, fry the burgers on a hot pan or grill them outside on the barbecue for 5-8 mins on each side, turning them carefully with a metal spatula. Take care as hot fat from the meat may spit a little.
- If you want to make cheeseburgers, put a slice of cheese on top of the burgers when you turn them over and let it melt while the other side cooks. When they are ready, cut the burger baps in half and warm them in the toaster or on the barbecue - take care that you don’t burn them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings of your choice. Separate the lettuce into leaves. Then, using a sharp knife, thinly slice the tomato.
- Spread a little mayonnaise or ketchup - or both if you like - onto the toasted buns, then top with your burgers and salads of your choice, followed by the remaining half bun. Enjoy!
Allergens: see product packaging
For more of Alla's recipes visit www.allasyummyfood.com