This moist, protein filled carrot cake will blow your mind. It is difficult to argue with the convenience of boxed cake mixes. And, with a few minor adaptations, you can have the convenience of a boxed cake with the presentation and taste of a cake made from scratch. Most boxed cakes call the addition of oil, water and eggs, but we will also add extra protein and fibre to this delicious cake. You can use any other cake mix that you like, just add extra water due to protein powders used.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
|Passive Time||60 mins|
- 1 pack carrot cake mix you can use any cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml water or what it says on a packet + extra 150 ml of water
- 105 ml vegetable oil
- cream cheese frosting
- In a bowl add eggs, oil, water and mix well. Then add carrot cake mix, followed by soya protein and carrot fibre. Mix well, until mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 2 same sized tins that are lined with parchment paper and are buttered. Bake the cakes for 50-60 min at 170 C / 325 F. Check with a toothpick - if it’s clear - then cakes are ready.
- Leave cakes to cool down and rest. Run a knife around and the cakes should pop out, gently take of the parchment paper.
- Layer the first half of the cake onto a cake stand, spread generous amount of cream cheese frosting and place second half of the carrot cake on top. Decorate with more cream cheese frosting as you wish.
- Enjoy the cake straight away, its super moist, delicious and has healthy benefits!
Allergens: see product packaging
For more of Alla's recipes visit www.allasyummyfood.com